I was born in the 70’s in rural Canada, so you can’t blame me for being a flower child. Plus, I grew up in the 80’s, which explains the rainbows and my obsession with colour (and secretly I still hope unicorns exist).
As a kid, I was influenced by picture books, horse stories, Narnia, Disney, and Care Bears. When I was a young teenager I discovered comic books like Captain Carrot and Elf Quest. I’ve been drawing animal people all my life, and I’ve been attending furry conventions since 1991.
I live in Calgary, Alberta with my two teenage kiddos. My favourite things:
•hanging out in cafés (self-admitted Starbucks snob)
• watching movies (sci-fi/fantasy, period dramas, especially queer versions of both!)
• nature (but not when it crawls on me)
• reading (voraciously)
• drawing/writing about my DnD characters.
Things you probably didn’t know about me:
• I’m a Star Trek geek (I was actually part of a Star Trek fan club in my 20’s)
• My first job was as a cake decorator at Dairy Queen
• I actually paid to have my first story published in a comic book (I was 16)
I adore making a living doing what I love (and not having to rush through my morning coffee). I’ve done illustrations for teaching materials, comic books, commissions, window painting, and lots of other stuff. I also love teaching art and traveling to conventions to draw. I’ve been a full-time freelance illustrator since 2001, and I’m currently working on writing and illustrating children’s books.
Appearances–here’s where you’ll find me next.
Past Guest of Honor appearances:
Conifur – Seattle, WA, 2001
Furnal Equinox – Toronto, ON 2011
PAWcon – San Jose, CA 2016